Welcome to the Quiet Feather blog. Read more about artists featured in the magazine and leave comments. Click here to find out more about the magazine, or click here to email us

Monday, November 28, 2005

Monday morning rant...

So yesterday Tim and I spent hours and hours fiddling with this site. And getting very excited at unravelling the laughable simplicity of html.
It turns out to be lots of abbreviations. I thought I would have to write in noughts and ones or something. Frankly, if all they're going to do is abbreviate words that were perfectly functional in the first place (li for line etc.) they might as well have used the whole word and there would be no need to learn another so-called 'language'.
Of course I'm sure there are reasons why that wouldn't work. And clearly I've only scraped the surface of the potential complexities of doing things with html. But so far I am encouraged. AND SCORNFUL.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking as someone who's found herself working on an 'e-team' contrary to all likelihood of this ever happening, I'm impressed with your html know-how. It took me a while to distinguish html from hotmail, so I'm dead impressed.

11/29/2005 03:37:00 pm  
Blogger Taissa said...

I didn't mean to show off - just relieved it's not totally impenetrable...

11/29/2005 07:25:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

abbreviations keep code short to leave more room for ideas

ps you had a head start - you speak English

12/02/2005 08:08:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home