Welcome to the Quiet Feather blog. Read more about artists featured in the magazine and leave comments. Click here to find out more about the magazine, or click here to email us

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

A tree in springtime (with an eclipse)












How fitting that The Quiet Feather's new Light issue should, roughly, coincide with a lunar eclipse. Unfortunately, I was in too much of a drunken state to truly appreciate the cosmic link. Luckily, the good users of the internet were on hand to document it from every corner of the globe. I particularly liked the above photo. It's not in focus, nor is the eclipse the main thing in it, come to think of it, its pretty much how I remember it.

On a more impressive note, here are some NASA photographs of Saturn, a couple to tantalise you, and for the rest here.
















These pictures made me want to see this again:


















A London transport advert designed by Man Ray. Which brings us back to light. Man Ray was one of the most innovative and playful of the surrealist photographers and film-makers. Watching his films here made me remember being a film student, sitting at the back trying to ignore all the droning voices and opinions until being transported finally into a surrealist world watching Emak Bakia.

Oh, and when I said that the Quiet Feather light issue would coincide with the lunar eclipse, I was being very approximate. But it is coming, I've seen it on Tim's floor and everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home